WalkWorks aims to increase physical activity opportunities in Pennsylvania by implementing evidence-based strategies that make walking in the community a safe and accessible pursuit. WalkWorks plans, implements and markets community-based walking routes utilizing the built environment; promotes and establishes walking groups for social support and promotes policies designed to increase opportunities for physical activity. Almost 80 WalkWorks walking routes have been developed in 17 counties throughout Pennsylvania.
Participating in WalkWorks provides many health benefits, and is:
- Easy to start, safe to do, fun and free.
- An activity you can do with a group, on your own, with family friends or co-workers.
- Lowers risk for heart disease, diabetes and certain cancers.
- Helps with weight control.
- Improves energy and ability to do daily activities.
- Helps relieve stress.
To learn more about WalkWorks, visit: