WalkWorks aims to increase physical activity opportunities in Pennsylvania by implementing evidence-based strategies that make walking in the community a safe and accessible pursuit. WalkWorks plans, implements and markets community-based walking routes utilizing the built environment; promotes and establishes walking groups for social support and promotes policies designed to increase opportunities for physical activity. More than 35 WalkWorks walking routes have been developed in 9 counties throughout Pennsylvania.
Participating in WalkWorks provides many health benefits, and is:
- Easy to start, safe to do, fun and free.
- An activity you can do with a group, on your own, with family friends or co-workers.
- Lowers risk for heart disease, diabetes and certain cancers.
- Helps with weight control.
- Improves energy and ability to do daily activities.
- Helps relieve stress.
To learn more about WalkWorks, visit: